Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WSOP 2016: Kid Poker shaves the Face of PokerNO Deposit bonus $43

By any human standard, Daniel Negreanu's 2016 World Series doesn't look incredibly bad on paper. He has four cashes, three of which might be top 20 finishes. A kind of was fourth place within the $1,500 Razz. He's grossed $81,570 in winnings for the reason that 2016 WSOP began three and half weeks ago. It is not the type of summer about which many of us would complain.

Negreanu isn't many people.

That's why he did this.

Daniel Negreanu shaves33.jpg

I'll come up with a moment to gather yourself. If you want longer, be happy to bookmark this and are available back next week after you've become more acquainted with the speculation and the night terrors have stopped.

Full disclosure: IT'S NOT THAT I AM the most productive person to be penning this story. Once I was a toddler, my mother cut her hair very short, and that i wouldn't go near her. I cried for days, at which point my mom bought a wig and wore it 24 hours an afternoon until her hair grew back out.

$1 million Spin & Gos running now! Click here to get a PokerStars account.

If you are ready to continue, here is a explanation from the person himself.

I've known Negreanu longer than I've known one in every of my children, and for as much of that point as I WILL remember, Kid Poker has looked towards Grizzly Adams than Baby Face Nelson. There has been part of me that had come to believe he was poker's bearded version of the Bible's Samson, a person who could take the jawbone of an ass and beat the entire donkeys into submission. Negreanu searched for all of the world like a person who drew his power from his bewhiskered face. He was, by any standard, poker's Wooly Bully.

There was evidence for this belief in a flocculent Negreanu. I mean, here's just the primary page of Google Image results for "Daniel Negreanu."

daniel negreanu bearded.jpg

That guy--THAT HIRSUTE JESTER OF POKER'S BIGGET CASTLE!--turned himself into the (a variety of expletives) king of poker's biggest castle. Bearded Danny is within the Poker Hall of Fame. He's a multi-millionaire, a world superstar, and one of the most game's best ambassadors.

He's the (more expletives) Face of Poker!

And he shaved it. Daniel Negreanu shaved the face of poker.

Daniel Negreanu shaved 55.jpg

The people of the poker world know the barbate Kid Poker. They know the facility of that beard. Be he bushy or goateed, the bushy Danny is a successful Danny.

But now Negreanu, poker's Samson, has become his own Delilah.

And I WILL BE damned if it doesn't appear to be working.

That's right. The freshly-pruned Negreanu bagged a top 20 stack last night within the $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha event. Nearly 800 people entered, and Negreanu is 12th out of the rest 128.

I'm not entirely sure the best way to handle this on an emotional level. A part of me is shivering in a corner begging Mommy to place the wig back on. A part of me goes to seek out a very good therapist. The remainder of me is raring to peer if the decorticated Negreanu can be capable of turn a child face right into a bracelet.

We'll be watching tonight as he goes back to work within the PLO event and turns this right into a sponsorship opportunity with Gillette.

In the meantime, I WILL comfort myself by listening the Reverend Gary Davis. About 120 years ago, Davis was born only a few miles from where I sit. One among his most renowned choruses comes from "Samson and Delilah," one I imagine Negreanu may be singing as he sits down on the Rio today.

"If I had my way, I'D tear this building down."

$1 million Spin & Gos running now! Click here to get a PokerStars account. Brad Willis is the PokerStars Head of Blogging. Follow him on Twitter: @BradWillis. WSOP photos by PokerPhotoArchive.com. PCA photo by Neil Stoddart.


slotland 1
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: World Series of Poker]

No comments:

Post a Comment