Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Chris Moorman Seeks Redemption within the WSOP Summer SolsticeNO Deposit bonus $43
HomeNewsWorld Series of Poker Chris Moorman

With $13,384,183 in online tournament earnings, making him the most important winner within the history of the virtual game, and another $4,109,169 in live tournament scores, including a seven-figure win within the 2014 World Poker Tour L.A. Poker Classic, 888poker ambassador Chris Moorman has nothing to prove.

But despite booking 26 World Series of Poker cashes, four final tables, and two runner-up finishes, to the tune of $2,403,469 in WSOP earnings to date, Moorman has yet to secure World Series gold.

These days he finds himself on a number of the dreaded "Best Player With no WSOP Bracelet" lists, and is beginning to consider desperate measures to get off of it.

"[Winning a bracelet] would mean the sector to me," he told PokerNews. "THAT IS maybe my 10th or 11th World Series and just about once a year I've had a chance, that is quite hard to do in no-limit hold'em, since the fields are so big.

"I'm beginning to think that if it doesn't happen over the following couple of years I'll start playing the mixed games. I DO NOT actually need to, but I'D need to do it, because I'll only must beat 100 or 120 players in those things as opposed to thousand."

Moorman may not need to resort to this sort of drastic plan just yet, however. After bagging a brief stack on Day 1 of the $1,500 Summer Solstice event on the 2016 WSOP, he's had the type of Day 2 on Tuesday that dreams are made of.

"This was much better than I thought," he said of the renamed Extended Play event, featuring increased level lengths. "NUMEROUS my friends didn't finally end up playing because there has been the $5K Six-Max the following day, they usually did not want to overlook that to play a small buy-in event with 90-minute levels where it will take five days to win all of it. But I PURCHASED in yesterday after the britain [football] game, and I'd had a couple of drinks. Luckily enough, I doubled up early on and was in a position to focus.

"In the end, I had a very tough Day 1 and finished with just 8,000 chips. It was frustrating, but I just kept myself in it and today, before that gigantic hand against [James] Akenhead, everything I'd touched turned to gold. I HAVE BEEN getting big hands, getting paid off and my bluffs has been getting through. Everything has really gone right today, except that one big hand, so no complaints."

That particular big hand in saw Moorman double up Akenhead, failing to connect to big slick versus the man Brit and previous November Niner's queens deep on Day 2.

It knocked Moorman out of the highest five at the chip count list temporarily, but certainly didn't knock him off his game.

"At the top of the day, I lost that pot, but I still had nearly 100 big blinds and was still in great position," Moorman explained. "I've seen such a lot of people just give chips away during the last couple of days on this tournament, so you must remind yourself of that you will. lose pots, you've just got to maintain a degree head and play your game."

When Day 2 ended, Moorman bagged up 411,500 in chips — adequate for a place amongst the leaders with under 100 players left from the sphere of 1,840. Now, he'll be seeking to make his new team, team 888poker, slightly more proud.

Moorman's addition to the team at 888poker came just a bit over every week ago, and he couldn't be happier with the move.

"888poker has a very good team already, especially with Dominik Nitsche, who was crushing the past couple of years," Moorman said. "Three bracelets and he's still only 25 or something. I'm really excited. The corporate appears to be getting into the proper direction, I'm eager about the tips they have got going forward, and that i think they're seeking to build poker back up again, which might be great for all of us."

Moorman had a slow begin to the Series, finding only one small profit Colossus II, but as he bobs and weaves his way during the field in the summertime Solstice, heading to the event's third day, he's starting to believe this may be the beginning of something big, and few would doubt it.

"This is the primary real shot I've had this series so far," he said. "It's actually only the second one time I've made an afternoon 2 and the opposite was within the $1,500 limit, so it doesn't really count.

"It's very nice to get some chips and build some confidence. I'm pleased with where my game's at and it is a good distance to go, but hopefully I WILL BE ABLE TO keep it going."

Moorman also spoke to PokerNews' Sarah Herring within the video below:

As the 2016 WSOP rolls on, remember to stay tuned to PokerNews for continued coverage, delivered to you by our sponsors, 888poker.

*Online statistics in keeping with PocketFives.com.

Want to stick atop the entire latest within the poker world? If so, be sure to get PokerNews updates for your social media outlets. Follow us on Twitter and find us on both Facebook and Google+!

PokerNews.com is the world's leading poker website. Among other things, visitors will discover a daily dose of articles with the most recent poker news, live reporting from tournaments, exclusive videos, podcasts and such a lot more.

PokerStars is the most important online poker room offering the most important amount of poker games and different game variations including Texas Hold'em, Omaha and other popular poker games. By joining PokerStars you'll be able to easily learn all of the poker rules and poker strategy by playing free poker games. Join PokerStars and luxuriate in top of the range online poker.



slotland 1
Read More... [Source: PokerNews]

No comments:

Post a Comment